Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bank of America Tells Firearms Mfg to Hit the Road

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing and McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. But no more: In a recent meeting, the mega-bank told the firearms company that its business is no longer welcome.
Operations director Kelly McMillan told the Daily Caller that his company has never been late on a payment and has never bounced a check. The debt outstanding on its line of credit is at 61 percent.
But at the bank’s request, he said, the McMillan group of companies would soon be paying off its credit line and closing its accounts.
Writing Thursday on Facebook, McMillan described a meeting at his office with Ray Fox, a business banking Senior Vice President with the giant bank. What was originally scheduled as an “account analysis” meeting, however, quickly became a political smackdown.
The Bank of America emissary, he said, “spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.”
“At this point I interrupted him,” McMillan said, and asked, ‘Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.’”
Fox’s reply, according to McMillan? “That is correct.”
Bank of America does not support citizens' Second Amendment rights, but they have an entire division set up to support our military volunteers, though it is more anti-military through it's effort to prey on those volunteers. I am starting to think that division is a token, and that a boycott by citizens and soldiers alike could make a huge impact on the bank as it continues it's slide into the abyss.
McMillan told The DC that he plans to move his company’s account to “a more Second Amendment-friendly bank” as soon as it can be done.
I think that this sentiment needs to spread throughout the firearms industry, and individuals who support the Second Amendment.
He recalls telling the bank executive that he planned to tell the National Rifle Association, Safari Club International, and his other gun-loving friends “that Bank of America is not firearms-industry-friendly.”
“You have to do what you must” was Fox’s reply, he said. “We have to assess the risk of doing business with a firearms related industry.”
The McMillan group of companies may have the last laugh: It is considering no longer accepting Bank of America credit cards for purchases.
Given the widespread success of the Starbucks buycott, I think that McMillan could help spearhead the effort to show the nation that some companies are opposed to the Second Amendment and 

2 comments:


  1. Cory Miller
    9 hours ago
    .. Friday, August 3rd, I made a substantial purchase at a gun store which I paid for with my Visa card. The next Tuesday the gun store owner called me and told me Visa had called him (not me) and was demanding an itemized list of what I bought, including serial numbers of any firearms purchased. He asked if it was OK with me to give that information to Visa. I told him absolutely not, and that Visa could call me if they had any questions about the charge. A couple of days later he called me back and said Visa was refusing to pay the charge without an itemized list of the purchased items including model numbers and serial numbers of any firearms purchased. I got the name and phone number of the Visa representative who had been calling the gun store and called her to ask what the problem was. She said it was a 'routine charge audit', and it would not be paid unless the gun store complied with their demands. I'm 57 years old and have never experience this so-called 'routine charge audit', and I'm supposed to believe that fact that it happened with a charge at a gun store is a coincidence? And they were calling the merchant instead of me? And if this merchant had complied with Visa, my personal purchase information would have been given to Visa without my knowledge. I told the Visa representative that none of this any of Visa's business and I demanded they pay the charge without further intrusion into my personal business. I was put on hold, and then told the supervisor said they would not pay the charge without this information. They were not questioning that I had made a legitimate charge, they were not protecting me from fraudulent charges, they were just demanding detailed information into what I purchased. I told Visa to 'stick it' and took a check to the merchant to make payment for the purchase. I don't believe for a second it was a 'routine charge audit'. I believe they have an anti-gun agenda. Time to close this charge card account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't surprise me in the least. I would expect more ofthis sort of garbage as time goes on. This is also why I tend to pay cash and buy from private parties. I don't believe the state has any legitimate authority over my private acts of commerce.

    ReplyDelete