Friday, May 18, 2012

My Hit and Miss Relationship with the 1911

Given the resources, I would easily carry a 1911 platform, but probably only the Colt New Agent in 9mm. I prefer the Sig double-stack platform with a pair in 9mm. For a 1911 platform, the Colt is a shoe-in for me. It's single-stack grip is slim but full. It's short barrel and bobbed tail keep printing to a minimum. Smooth edged help with concealed carry quite well, along with a serrated bobbed hammer. Crimson Trace laser grips and a lack of traditional sights, replaced by trench-style sights in the top surface of the slide, give adequate close contact sight picture, but the red dot on your target will help reassure you at any realistic distances and negate shot misplacement. Perfect. And beautiful.



The Colt New Agent: All Business For Concealed Carry

I'd pair it with a STI Trojan (why just piss money away?) with a 6" barrel for the range. Blued with synthetic grips. I only care for wood on true vintage firearms, ones with history and soul. Even something only as old as I am reminds me why I love the intersection of design and defense. That and STI is just down the road, about twice as far down the road as LaRue Tactical. God I love Texas.



Got a 9mm Trojan this weekend - Glock Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment